From: First Officer R A Cox RFA (Rtd)
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
THE RFA A ANNUAL CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT 2017
- The 56th Annual RFA Charity Golf Tournament will be held at Waterlooville Golf Club, at Cowplain, nr Portsmouth, PO8 8AP, on Thursday 6th July 2017. This year we have Cammell Laird Shipyard as the main sponsor with ever generous support from Portland Port Ltd, MLS Overseas, IPS, P&S Automation, Relay UK and Trimline Ltd, and other sponsors who have donated prizes. With their help, the total cost for the day will be Forty Five Pounds; green fees will again be subsidised, a breakfast bap, coffee, dinner and prizes provided will be inclusive in the price. All proceeds from this event will go to our nominated registered charity (RC 1083950).
- The event is open to serving and retired Officers and Petty Officers, Ratings and Cadets who have previously competed in the event, players who have not previously competed are welcome with a golf handicap certificate. Members’ guests are welcome, however space is limited and the recommendation is a maximum of 2 guests per person.
- The permissible handicap for the competition is up to 24 for men and 30 for ladies; current handicap certificates for new participants will be required.
- The programme for the day will be:
AM: Freeplay The front 9 holes only after 09.30
12.00–1330: Tee Off
1845: Presentation of prizes
- Prizes will be awarded to the following categories:
- The Cammell Laird Trophy to the best player in the Seagoing RFA personnel section and HQ Staff and shore based personnel
- Retired aged over 50 RFA (only) personnel Joe Dines Memorial Cup.
- Male guests, The Portland Port Ltd bowl.
- Best Team Score (4 ball)
- Wives & lady guests.
- Wooden Spoon
- As in previous years there will be a Two’s Competition at a cost of two pounds per person payable on the day. There will be other prizes announced on the day, which will include the Longest Drive Trophy, on the 5th hole, sponsored by MLS Overseas Ltd.
- Addressees are requested to ensure a wide distribution and if you have any questions, please contact Roger Cox * who will be co-ordinating this year’s event. Please be prompt in booking to avoid disappointment, entries must be submitted by 23th June the golf club has stated that refunds will not be made after this date.
- Please ensure you park in the rear car park and also note that the use of mobile phones is prohibited on the course and in the Clubhouse. Rules on dress and etiquette remain unchanged (info Club Website http://waterloovillegolfclub.com/etiquette-and-dress-code/ ).
- The dinner menu will be:Seafood CocktailRoast Fore Rib of Beef
Yorkshire Pudding and Sage and Onion Stuffing
New and Roasted Potatoes
Assorted Fresh Vegetables
Strawberries & Cream
Cheese & Biscuits
Special dietary requirements can be catered for only if specified on the application form.
* email (preferred) email@example.com text or phone 0792 1618312
Very Best Regards
APPLICATION FOR ENTRY
Roger Cox RFA (Rtd)
12 Langmead Close
Tel: 0792 1618312
(Final applications by 13th June please)
I wish to enter the 56th RFAA Charity Golf Tournament on Thursday 6th July 2017, the following applies:
My handicap is……
I will/ will not attend the morning free play session. (First 9 only after 09.30)
I will/ will not require dinner.
Playing category, please annotate: *SEA/ HQ/ RETIRED/ GUEST*
The following will be my guests, their handicaps, golf and dining details are:
Special dietary requirements…………………………………………………………………………………….
The following charges apply:
Lunch: £5 (Five Pounds) (gratis if included in whole day package).
Green Fees: £20 (Twenty Pounds) (including prizes).
Dinner: £20 (Twenty Pounds)
I enclose a cheque made payable to “The RFA Association” for……………..Pounds.
Download this document as a PDF file. Golf55 (119.5 kB)