So how many brain cells have you got left after after all the alcoholic excesses of Chrimbo, not a lot methinks. So here’s little quiz from my old mate “The Rozzer” that might either tell you what a good boy (or girl) you were or send you down to see Alcoholics Anonymous (if you can still remember where to go) and don’t cheat either to AA when they ask you how much you imbibe or by Googling the answers.
And talking about cheating I remember an SRO who was, allegedly, a regular visitor to the “Long Basket Weaving Course at Netley, used to say “when you arrive at Netley you will be asked how much you drink, if you are on a bottle a day tell them you are on 2 bottles a day and they will give you a bottle”. Plus ca change, plus c’cest la breathalyser. Anyway enough of this gay badinage and on to the quiz.
- Which ship demolished a light house at the entrance to Brisbane Harbour, Australia in October 1949?
- Which ship was the only RFA in the Royal Fleet Review by King George V in July 1924?
- Which ship was sunk as a War Grave off the Falkland Islands in June 1982 and is now a protected wreck?
- Six of the crew of this RFA were drowned in the River Medway in April 1925 when they were returning onboard after a run ashore – which RFA?
- A steward on the ss Titanic was saved looking after his passengers and he later joined the RFA serving as a Chief Steward – on what ship?
- In June 1970 this RFA was sunk after striking an uncharted pinnacle of rock off the Seychelles. There was no loss of life but was the ship?
- The German supply ship Lothringen was captured by Royal Navy in June 1941. She was renamed as an RFA and based at Newfoundland – what was her RFA name?
- Which RFA ran aground on a sand bank off Ferry Point, Changi, Singapore in November 1957?
- Which RFA was used to ferry a donkey named Antonio from Malta to Devonport in February 1962 to be used as a mascot at HMS EXCELLENT on Whale Island
- Which RFA sailed from Malta with an Archbishop and his Chaplain as passengers in May 1952
Answers to follow in a week or so but email your answers to email@example.com and points wil be awarded, and points mean prizes. whadda points mean …. PRIZES First prize is a week’s holiday in Immingham, Second prize is a two week holiday in Immingham both to be taken during the first week of the next millenium. Never been to Imminham (You haven’t lived)? If the River Humber was the “a___hole” of the world, Imminham is 11 miles up it.
Thinking caps on Chaps and chapesses.